4x4 Action Group

Open Event: Koranna Getaway 8, 9 & 10 August 2020

Open Events arranged on the Forum that are not Club Events
Anthony Forgey

Post by Anthony Forgey »

Sounds like it was a hypothetical event that should not have been missed!

I was (not hypothetically at all) on a river trip which was supposed to be Des(malkoppie) and I which ended up being 14 vehicles and probably the best river trip I have been on.

Well down to the Hypothetical lockdown busters for putting on their big girl pants and heading out into the bush for adventure!

HenriSteyn

Post by HenriSteyn »

AndreasR wrote:What a great weekend.

I enjoyed the venue, especially the lapa which made the evening events very pleasant and cosy and brought everyone together for some fun times. The camp ground had lovely views of the mountains.

The trail was challenging enough for all and I need to point out that Henri in his stock Pajero did a remarkable job of keeping up with all the jeeps and modified vehicles without sustaining any big damage.

Big thanks to Bugger who led us on the trail and to Manny for organising it all,

Once again an outstanding weekend getaway brought to you by 4x4AG.

And i must add a note about the Free State. The people are fantastic but their roads a really bad.
Thanks for the compliment Andreas.

Minor character adding incidents:

I lost a left front fender black trim, totalled the caravan electric plug and gained some scratches on the left rear mud guard trim.

And where I could really kick my arse was where we entered the river bed for the last time I did not see the rock in the middle of the path and that stopped the Paj in its tracks. Thank goodness for the aftermarket bash plate.

Thanks to Pierre for his guidance up the second section where the concrete track was missing. It really was a challenge getting up there.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

NINJA

Post by NINJA »

An awesome hypothetical weekend to get away from the hustle & bustle, to take the road less traveled, enjoy some of the Vrystaat gems and all in the company of good people.

Hypothetically a nice venue in good surrounds with good potential.

A Hypothetical thanks to the orginisers and attendees.
2008 JEEP WRANGLER RUBICON - NINJA

HenriSteyn

Post by HenriSteyn »

I think Chris did very well considering 3 kids and almost stock Range Rover.

Can't really call springs instead of air suspension a mod....

Burger

Post by Burger »

If I went, then the camp would have been great and I would have said that the ablutions were clean and the lapa was lekker.
It was great to have members together again.
Trails would have been entertaining and one more "Recce" than the other, all and all great gang to probably camp and 4x4 if I went. :ugeek:
Cool story bro

HenriSteyn

Post by HenriSteyn »

Burger wrote:If I went, then the camp would have been great and I would have said that the ablutions were clean and Lapa great to have members together again. Trails would have been entertaining and one more "Recce" than the other, all and all great gang to probably camp and 4x4 if I went. :ugeek:
Your past tense are good!

Panda

Post by Panda »

Thanks to all for an awesome weekend. What was great is that for a change we were the closest.
The Lapa really made for a great weekend without it we would have come back with more than Corona.

Yes there were a few imperfections but none as frustrating as the lack of clear markings on the trail. Yes there has been Corona in the air but there is no excuse as it is on their OWN farm and with no visitors they surely had the time (4 months) to get it in order.

As for the Free-state roads why are you complaining? this is the 4x4 Action group not the Vdub club......

Bugger

Post by Bugger »

Panda wrote:Thanks to all for an awesome weekend. What was great is that for a change we were the closest.
The Lapa really made for a great weekend without it we would have come back with more than Corona.

Yes there were a few imperfections but none as frustrating as the lack of clear markings on the trail. Yes there has been Corona in the air but there is no excuse as it is on their OWN farm and with no visitors they surely had the time (4 months) to get it in order.

As for the Free-state roads why are you complaining? this is the 4x4 Action group not the Vdub club...... Image Image Image Image Image
Stout gat...

Syncro Cox Camper
SJ 410 TarzanTiny
Millennium Beetle VR6 T Liberty
And a few VW Air cooled Toys

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

... came across this video ...

https://youtu.be/7cAQ2RnOiHw
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

I would still STRONGLY advise against supporting this venue...
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'