Mikem Supsension

River Trip 9, 10 & 11 August 2019

Open Events arranged on the Forum that are not Club Events
Striker63

Post by Striker63 »

"The 4x4 Action Group won't be doing a River Trip in 2019 & we may not do one again, but it has been fun while it lasted... "
a quote from river trip 2018, as formed part of a very well written trip report, so i did assume that attempting to bring up the topic in any discussion forums or planning commitee meeting' of which i have no say mind you, would have been fruitless dont you think....

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 »

Striker63 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:12 pm
"The 4x4 Action Group won't be doing a River Trip in 2019 & we may not do one again, but it has been fun while it lasted... "
a quote from river trip 2018, as formed part of a very well written trip report, so i did assume that attempting to bring up the topic in any discussion forums or planning commitee meeting' of which i have no say mind you, would have been fruitless dont you think....
Colin I'm sure no one in the club would have complained is you had organised a trip and opened it up to club members. The way I read the statements you have quoted is that the committee would not be organising an official Action Group exclusive river trip. We the members of the 4x4 Action Group should take a more active role in finding venues for fun events and organising outings or trips instead of leaving it to the few people that are the committee we voted in. There was lots of reaction from members when it was announced that the proposed Mozambique trip wasn't going to happen this year but no one, myself included, volunteered to take over the responsibility for the trip and get it organised. I feel that we the members must become more active in putting events together instead of just bitching that the "committee" isn't getting things done. The more of us involved in planning events, the lighter the load on everyone.
This post has drifted away from the original post but I hope it gets all of us thinking about what we can do to make OUR club better.........
The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
2004 Disco 2 Td5

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

Thanks Paul, our sentiments as a committee exactly. We pay the same fee that you all pay to be a member and we gain absolutely ZERO in terms of remuneration or “benefits” from being on the committee, so in effect we just do more than the lackluster members for the same overall experiences. So any initiative from paying members is always appreciated and most welcome
Flex is overrated

Shane

Post by Shane »

Considering that this thread was started on this forum, surely there should be some form of feedback?

Even if only to make the rest of us "lus"?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Striker63

Post by Striker63 »

Hi guys i am just waiting for photos from the rest of the group, and i will write up a detailed trip report..

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk