Maxxis Tyres

Jansens 4x4

Open Events arranged on the Forum that are not Club Events
BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

The other guys have posted pictures of all the action ... I can only post a picture of the end of the farmers barn at Jansens ... look especially at the plaque which found to be quite unusual.

https://ibb.co/QbvV0FK

... that said many thanks Martin for a great day that you organized... Annie and I camping a second night here in the old Matebele kraal area
... actually not to cold but we sleeping under canopy.
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Martin de Jager

Post by Martin de Jager »

sounds like all enjoyed the route, will drive it the summer months again.
This is a video of me going up the koppie.https://youtu.be/cTGIWNwCqFs
2011 Toyota Prado 3.0 VX,
2013 Suzuki Jimny, Brutus, (larger than life),
2023 Toyota Starlet xr auto,
2019 Invader Duo.

Striker63

Post by Striker63 »

Jansens is definitely a venue i will visit again, 250 km round trip for the trusted SHREK, was a good tester and I am glad i did the trip would like to camp there as rough as it is and explore all the possible routes and options available to one, well done Martin for organising the day and being an awesome guide.

Martin de Jager

Post by Martin de Jager »

We will go back in summer, great venue.
2011 Toyota Prado 3.0 VX,
2013 Suzuki Jimny, Brutus, (larger than life),
2023 Toyota Starlet xr auto,
2019 Invader Duo.

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

yes ... only left just after lunch today.

Interesting chat with Andre the farmer... he runs 180 head cattle on 600H farm with only one Malawian helper no other employees ... just does the cattle and firewood sales for income ... though going forward 4*4 and camping income will also help. As a youth he was a Landy mechanic!

Packed and leaving campsite this PM ...

https://ibb.co/KXqy1dQ
Last edited by BushWacker on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Nico-MAD

Post by Nico-MAD »

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. I will also join in the summer. Not a winter Booitjie. :shock:

Rabbiddog RIP 7/6/21

Post by Rabbiddog RIP 7/6/21 »

Thanks Martin it was a great day out.

Thanks to everyone who helped change my wheel, I felt like a spare wheel getting in the way at times.

For those that weren't there, it meant packing and unpacking the back end of the Disco at chest height. I am now determined to make my spare wheel winch electric as I have been planing for a while now and have been putting it off. I know how and what to do, I have just been putting it off.

Due to the terrain and rocks, if you want to drive them, it is challenging, scenic, but you wont break anything if done right.
I did clear out some lower branches with my roof rack :lol: but that's to be expected, and BushWacker made some turns a bit wider :lol:

The rocky section we did with Martin and the Jeeps, didn't feel half as bad as it looked, on the way down you need to fully trust your spotter and if you loose site, stop. Otherwise you are looking for trouble, and it could end badly.
Make sure you know your spotter knows where you want your wheels, that was my problem, partially my lack of communication :oops: .

The next time we need to make it a weekend out. Apparently there is a lot more to drive and see.