Maxxis Tyres

4x4 and Outdoor Show Zwartkops Raceway

Events taking place all over South Africa that are not necessarily Club or Forum Events
AndreasR

4x4 and Outdoor Show Zwartkops Raceway

Post by AndreasR »

Decided to check in on this show today. Cars lined up for 1,3km to get in. Fortunately I stayed in the right hand lane to discover they were letting in two lanes of cars so the wait was not too long. Parking was well organized although exit was a 20 minute wait. Entrance fee is R 150 per adult and R60 per child. A bit steep in my opinion.

The exhibits were the usual mix of camping trailers and caravans, cars and camping equipment. Nothing new that I saw. Did not note any great show specials. Could not believe the price of trailers like Bush Lapa coming in at R 380 000. Eish. I liked the look of the GT Camper at a much more reasonable price of R140 000. Nice concept.

Lots of food and drink kiosks doing a brisk trade.

Was happy to find a very nice camping oven at the Pioneer Plastics exhibit. I have been looking for this particular one for a while.

I did notice that the Quick Pitch shower cubicle has increased in price by R1000 in the space of six weeks. Price at the Outdoor X show was R 3500 and today was R 4500. Rip off artists of note.

I was last at this show 2 years ago and nothing has changed. Nothing new. Most exhibitors even in the same locations.

Altogether, if you have time and money to waste, go to the show.

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

Thanks Andreas, Iโ€™m glad I went to Clarens for the weekend instead.

Show us a pic of your camp oven please.
Flex is overrated

AndreasR

Post by AndreasR »

I will Kurt but you will have to wait for a week or two. Allyson wants to give it to me for my birthday. She is funny like that. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

That's why I don't go to these shows....
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'