4x4 Action Group

Tag along- Transkei [April 27 - May 2, 2023]

Events taking place all over South Africa that are not necessarily Club or Forum Events
Rechardt

Tag along- Transkei

Post by Rechardt »

What: Road Trip
Where To: Transkei. Coffee bay, Luphuthana and back home Via Ixopo
When: 27th April to 1st May 2023 (The 27th April and 1st May been public holidays)

Come tag along if you have not been in this part of the country.

Put together a short 5 day trip to the Transkei. Departing on the 27th April and returning either the 1st or 2nd May 2023.
The road trip will take us some tar and some off road with our 1st night stop over in Zastron Via Kroonstad ,Winburg, Twee spruit, Weppenaar
From there on to Coffee bay/Hole in the wall for 2 nights via back roads passing through Lady Grey , Elliot, Mthata to Coffee bay.
We will explore coffee bay and visit hole in the wall, with breakfast on 1 morning on top of the escarpment overlooking the Hole rock formation and bay area.
From Coffee bay we go to Luphutana and hike the 4km Waterfall bluff falls. We spend 2 nights in Luphuthana and then home VIA Ixopo, PMB.

The trip is family friendly and if you want to camp. there are some places available to camp all along the route.

I will not be camping, but rather spoiling myself with B&B's and some resort lodging throughout.
Accommodation for your own arrangements wherever you prefer.

If you would like some more info or would like to consider joining, give me a call for more info. 072 155 9971
Life will take you where ever you want it to take you...as long as you drive a 4x4
RechardT
Hilux 4l V6

Rechardt

Post by Rechardt »

Attendees
1. Rechardt.
2. Rob Kirk- Not a forum member
Life will take you where ever you want it to take you...as long as you drive a 4x4
RechardT
Hilux 4l V6

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 »

Sounds like a nice trip. Enjoy.
The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
2004 Disco 2 Td5

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

Would LOVE to. We toured that area in 1997 for the first time, and I have a great love of the area. Enjoy, we are stuck at the pub.

Bogaards

Post by Bogaards »

Did you do this trip?