Erin Bosch, Insurance

4x4AG: In The Gorge Open Day Saturday 27 March 2021

Open Events arranged on the Forum that are not Club Events
Renier_c

Post by Renier_c »

Also hoping it will be wet!!!

Martin de Jager

Post by Martin de Jager »

If 650 mm deep spruit is not wet enough. then I dont know what wet means. If Karee Krans was an indicator then that was shallow.
2011 Toyota Prado 3.0 VX,
2013 Suzuki Jimny, Brutus, (larger than life),
2023 Toyota Starlet xr auto,
2019 Invader Duo.

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

Renier_c wrote:Also hoping it will be wet!!!
I hope for this exact thing, every single night Image
Flex is overrated

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 »

KurtG wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:17 pm
Renier_c wrote:Also hoping it will be wet!!!
I hope for this exact thing, every single night Image
For you it's wet with icicles now days Kurt. Don't skid on the black ice either. :lol:
The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
2004 Disco 2 Td5

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

What a interesting & enjoyable morning.

Interesting because despite tons of advertising on FakeBook, NOT ONE person pitched as a result of that marketing.
Proving my belief that FB as a marketing tool is useless.
FB is to try get people to think you are leading your best life while taking offense - it serves little other purpose.

Enjoyable because it was a nice morming - only 3 vehicles arrived: Renier_C, MartinDJ & Kyle SamuraiX - all as a result of this Thread.
All 3 4x4AG members. All 3 have done the track before.

It was also Enjoyable because the track was great, the rain during the week & then only 2 days to dry made the track firm, but interesting.

What was also interesting is that little Kyle is no longer an inexperienced Noob - he drove like a pro.
His SWB Wrangler had faulty rear breaks (it's going in on Monday), so his TC on the rear axle was close to dysfunctional.
Yet he did everything flawlessly.

In fact all 3 vehicles (Hummer V8, Wrangler Shortie & 1300 Jimny) were outstanding.

Interestingly, the V8 Hummer was the most accomplished, except for one obstacle where, despite Renier's best efforts, he struggled.
However the two shorter & smaller vehicles did that obstacle with greater ease - the size of the Hummer was perfectly wrong on that particular challenge.

What was great that; a small group with three good vehicles (all SFA) & three guys driving very well resulted in us doing the entire track in 1 hr 40 minutes (I've taken 5 hours to do most of the track before).
Note: we did everything & where there were options (as there often is at The Gorge) we generally took the more difficult option.

My Thanks to Renier_C, Kyle SamuraiX & MartinDJ.

Good stuff boys!

PS - we had to do running repaires to Martin's fan afterwards, by 'we' I mean Martin & Renier... Image

ImageImageImage

"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Renier_c

Post by Renier_c »

Was my 1st time there. But it was fun!!

SamuraiX

Post by SamuraiX »

Thanks guys that was a lot of fun, definitely a trail more suited to smaller groups. I'll be coming back again some time (hopefully with working TC).

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

Agree re: Fakebroek.

I moderate two groups and 95% of applicants say they understand the rules of no advertising, yet as soon as they get a chance, they try and sell or advertise something.

Everyone is connected on other social media like WhatsApp, Instagram, Tiktok etc. So the original purpose of Facebook (to connect with varsity mates and family) is no longer relevant.

Mark F_uckerberg should just rebrand it as “Marketplace” or “We only sell shit” and be done with it.
Flex is overrated

LesseW

Post by LesseW »

Jeez but the weather is getting to Kurtie, I even sensed aggression in this post
Land Cruiser 200VX
FJ Cruiser
Bushlapa Baobab 4