Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Nice pics Martin!
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

I failed to Mention Anthony Forgey's dedication & loyalty.
He was ill on Friday - as was Adele.
So he excused himself.
But then he decided to come through on Saturday despite not feeling 100%.
He then left Saturday night - too ill to stay on.

That's impressive !
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

AndreasR

Post by AndreasR »

Thank you to all who attended the 2020 AGM, especially those who made the extra effort by traveling long distance and endured illness. It is always humbling to see how much effort members take to keep the AG flag flying high.

As the incoming chairman I would like to thank the outgoing committee members for their assistance in the running of the club over the last year.

The new committee will have a meeting to discuss various issues and ideas before the end of the month. Should you have any items that you would like the committee to consider at this meeting please make contact with me via private message on this forum. I will report back on any pertinent issues after the meeting.

At the AGM I did a brief speech, the gist of which is below.

Thanks for the faith you have shown in electing me chairman

It is a little by default as Kurt was supposed to take over but he has a few other things on his mind.

In the short time that I have had to contemplate the year ahead, one thought has been prominent in my mind.

It has not been outings, trips or training. These are important no doubt.

The overwhelming thought has been the well-being and health of the Action Group.

My main goal for the next year is to create an atmosphere of cohesion, co-operation and brotherhood amongst the members.

An atmosphere where we can help each other, encourage each other, enjoy everyone’s company and nurture an ethos that makes the AG a club that people want to join and remain active members.

To this end, I ask each and every member what they could do and how they could change their behavior to reach this goal.

Let’s be a different club.

Let’s accept other people’s points of view. Let’s not overreact to other people’s point of view. They may just be right. Even if they are wrong. Does it matter.

Let’s accept that there are other clubs, forums, FB groups etc that each have a role to play in off-roading. It would be better to have good relations with other organizations rather than fighting them.

Let’s think carefully before we jump onto our keyboards on the forum and slate everything we can. The forum is the public face of the AG. There is a way to tell someone they are doing something wrong without being totally insulting. By all means have an opinion. But let’s stop the slating.

I think you all know what I am talking about.

Let’s think before we type or say something which may be embarrassing or hurtful to others. There is enough of that in our country.

So in closing, I am challenging you all to make the AG a better club, an harmonious club, a club that we will all be proud of to be a member.

Let’s make our forum a place where we swap ideas and thoughts in a helpful respectful manner.

Let’s make the AG a place where we can get together as respectful friends and enjoy our outings and trips.

This is a challenge I am putting out to each one of you. Me included.

Cheers to a year of fun filled 4x4 activity.

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

Sounds good Andreas
Flex is overrated

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 »

You have my full support Andreas.
I'm looking forward to my continued involvement with as many of the club activities as possible.
The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
2004 Disco 2 Td5

Anthony Forgey

Post by Anthony Forgey »

A big thank you to all for a great weekend even though I wasn't camping.

Adele and I left for home on Saturday evening after the braai. I believe that Weier arrived back about an hour after we had left. Apparently he was not himself I believe that he was dealing with some personal pain.

Sorry for that.

On a positive note, thank you for Inviting the Off-course presenters and the great hospitality and friendship you showed to them. That's how a club should be...
Last edited by Anthony Forgey on Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shane

Post by Shane »

Thanks all for a great day!

For me it was a quick hit and run as I had other commitments as well.

My apologies to the members that I did not meet/greet. I was actually looking forward to putting a face to the forum names.

Thanks Manny for your efforts this past year. I thought your report to be brief and to the point. Thanks for bringing my goods.

Andreas I look forward to a great year with you at the helm. No doubt we will reconsider our "on forum" responses before posting.

Yet we must not lose our sense of humour!

Offence is taken, not given.

However I have enjoyed the atmosphere on this forum as opposed to others and hopefully it will remain that way.

I have waffled on enough.

Have a great monday!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Samaya

Post by Samaya »

Congratulations Andreas!
Cheese, canals and mud. Flattest country in the world. Wish they had 4x4'ing here