Mikem Supsension

Event Poll - Thread One of Two

Official 4x4 Action Group Events
For Club Members Only
BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

Rabiddogs approach is a good one ...
if we all rate / indicate our thinking on various past events then we can work out appropriate mix and inclination of club in general terms..

problem is our predicaments change ...
first ones single and flexible
then married poor and young kids
then still married, poor and noisier kids
then kids gone but expensive
then more flexible esp on retirement
etc

so wont find common denominator solution
for everyone ...
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Mike Nel

Post by Mike Nel »

A Bush Mechanics course

It’s one thing watching all the movies on Youtube showing you how its done. Its another doing it yourself

I’ve see a guy, who swore that he knew how to plug a hole on a tire, who couldn’t do it
2017 Land Cruiser 200
2022 Corolla Cross (Yes. It's a Hybrid)
BushLapa Ratel nr 731

BillyH

Post by BillyH »

The gravel travel tour reminded me of an offroad trip through farmlands to a campsite in Rustenburg a couple of years back on the coldest day in history organised by Andrew(I think) through the 4x4 community forum.

Feedback was good

I had to pull out but that sounded like another gentle trip and maybe someone in our group went on that
Membership # 0373 since 21 May 2015

Wave

Post by Wave »

I think Rabiddog and Hunter4x2 have pretty much nailed it, my car is my everyday car but I do like the odd trail, but not too extreme as I don't like damage, SWAMBO and the rat never want to come on a 4x4 day as its boring for them and as much as I wished I could have afforded Richtersveld, it was just not to be, which takes it back to camping (I love camping), like YEF, we camped, there was a 4x4 trail nearby if you wanted and I could have left the Mrs and the rat at camp to swim and tan etc but I felt like chilling and talking kak with the likes of Andreas. I was disappointed Moz was cancelled but I can fully understand from the clubs side, I try attend as many events as I can (time and money) If you want to book a braai with me i now need about an 8 week notice as we are always booked for something, so these pop-up events with short notice often leave me out, not the clubs fault at all. I'm stoked for Blouberg, its school holidays so will leave JHB as soon as school closes. If I didn't 4x4 it wouldn't bother me too much but there is some 4x4ing there so the car will get some use. Its hard to keep everyone happy. Kudos to the committee for all the efforts and time spent on the club, please keep it up and continue as there will be events I can make and events I have to miss.
Geoff Craig
'24 Mitsu Triton
'08 Toyota Blade Master G
'10 Conqueror Comfort

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

BillyH wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:50 am
The gravel travel tour reminded me of an offroad trip through farmlands to a campsite in Rustenburg a couple of years back on the coldest day in history organised by Andrew(I think) through the 4x4 community forum.

Feedback was good

I had to pull out but that sounded like another gentle trip and maybe someone in our group went on that
That was in 2015 or 2016 - Andrewfus/Spartan101?Hedgehog ran it.
We started at De Wildt on the Friday, dis the route on Saturday & overnighted at Karee Krans.

Was a good trip, just a bit too much dirt road driving in the thick dust...
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

I was on one of those ...
... camped in the Grave Yard ...
and Rechard made some good grub that trip.
Andrew still had the ‘big old Datsun’
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Bugger

Post by Bugger »

I'm lucky as I have 2 vehicles I can use
Extrem trips and over landing and staying in Gp makes it easier to join.

I also like the short camping trip and if some of roading available I'm there

The trip KurtG have organized is also intresting combo
I'm prapared to help organize small events with a bit of help

I'm part of quite a few car related clubs and commitee on a few

It is not easy planning for everyone and keep everyone happy
The trip mix that was planned in my eyes were versatile and good
So Thank you our comittee 🙏🙏

Why don't we rather be positive than always negative comments
Give positive feedback and support
This can only help grow the events and make it more versatile
Syncro Cox Camper
SJ 410 TarzanTiny
Millennium Beetle VR6 T Liberty
And a few VW Air cooled Toys

Shane

Post by Shane »

My 2c FWIW,

I've been working through the threads to get a feel for the club.

It certainly seems that this club has way more activities than others - critical for the club to maintain it's character and not degenerate into actionless chat group.

I live a little further from the action than many here. That said, I will try to take part in at least 3 club activities/year.

My personal "need" at this point in time is to get in some trail time, build on my limited skills and learn from those with experience.

A new mate or two will also be welcomed.

Next year I would like to start tackling some of the tougher trails. I joined too late for Baboons so will sit it out.

My main interests are trails and overlanding. I expect that the allure of the trails will diminish as I do more and pick up experience. One day trails that is.

I have never done any overlanding and it's something I'd like to tackle in the next two years.

I will be watching the calender for 2020 and make a point of joining where I can and meeting some of the members.

If there is a 3 provinces then I'd most certainly bust a nut to go.

I am fortunate that SWAMBO is always keen. 3 kids can make it challenging sometimes as there are many weekends spent taking them to their sports activities. But where there's a will there's a way.

Fortunately I have 2 vehicles - 1 for the rough stuff and one for overlanding/milder trails.

And of course I would like to, eventually, get my name on the UTM list, but it might take a while.

In the mean time thanks to all that arrange these outings. Should you ever have need of my help just give me a shout!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk