Healthy Sleep

Mobi Lodge pro's and con's

Offroad Trailers and Caravans, Equipment, Tips & Tricks
BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

If I booked the premium suit at Cape Sun
I would be disappointed if they put me in a tent
... similarly if I want to go camping I would want to stick to that experience.

Rather save the capital and book weekend s at top lodges ... Timbavati etc ... cheaper... better.
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Wave

Post by Wave »

The Mobi Lodge is an impressive package, I just couldn't pay that kind of money for something that doesn't even get used every month. I'd sooner look at a Conqueror or Jurgens off road caravan.

After the size issues both you and Andreas pointed out there is even more reasons to not buy it, unless you are happy to stick to sand roads.
As for the microwave, we never used the one in our caravan and have never missed it in our camping trailer.

From what you say the weight and dimensions put it in road caravan class, I much prefer towing the Conqueror to our caravan, its as wide as the car and as high, so wherever the car goes the trailer can go, I'm not going to mention weight as the Conqueror Comfort is pretty damn heavy (as per weighbridge day), but the car doesn't feel it like a caravan.

I've never needed an inside shower when camping, ablutes have always been sufficient. I do have an outside shower attachment just need to buy the pop-up cubicle.

I think you have to really look at the capital outlay and make sure it's a worthwhile "investment"
Geoff Craig
'24 Mitsu Triton
'08 Toyota Blade Master G
'10 Conqueror Comfort

NEW

Post by NEW »

My parents in-law have one.... Took over a year for theirs to be made to their spec.

I must say it does look very comfortable, (like a chalet inside) and the swambos like the shower. The fridge is quite high though, you need a step to see what's going on inside, from the outside (if that makes sense).

My father in law says it feels solid to him behind his Ranger. They previously had an Imagine Trailvan (they loved it) and a conqueror companion. (Did not like the companion. Said it was to much work to set up and was very unstable behind their then Prado. Much more unstable than their mobi lodge.

Currently that have not done anything hectic offroad with some Bots trips scheduled they will probably have more info. It handled the West Coast sand roads quite well they said...

But it is HUGE!

RynoB

Post by RynoB »

Crips that is correct
After we decided to go to Mobi Lodge and check out the caravan without interference we decided this is not going to work the Mobi is all over highly praised but...…….
Seven normal padlocks to open all the goodies
No insulation, carpets is used for that
The wash basin will be a nightmare to use
Shower wets the whole of the bathroom
And many irritable stuff
One thing the Mobi Lodge is big and high, any tree on a trip will make it a nightmare

Luckily we found something much better as high as a Prado's roof and more luxuries you can find in a 5 start hotel
VW Amarok V6

Crips

Post by Crips »

RynoB wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:52 am
Luckily we found something much better as high as a Prado's roof and more luxuries you can find in a 5 start hotel
Your new one is the most awesome "van" on the SA market at the moment in my opinion
You should do a new thread ;)
Chris

2016 Ford Everest XLT 3.2 Auto
1999 Jurgens Explorer

RynoB

Post by RynoB »

I must say the new van ticks all the block and more
I will start a new thread shortly
VW Amarok V6

Wave

Post by Wave »

You better start the thread quickly, I want to know what you chose!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Tappetalk

Geoff Craig
'24 Mitsu Triton
'08 Toyota Blade Master G
'10 Conqueror Comfort

RynoB

Post by RynoB »

Thread started
I will add more on the vans features at a later stage
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=662
VW Amarok V6