Mikem Supsension

Another Gem: Kiaat Caravan Park - Hazyview

Offroad camping places
iandvl

Another Gem: Kiaat Caravan Park - Hazyview

Post by iandvl »

As I think I've mentioned, I recently did a mini-river trip and a tour to the kruger. Mini being that I opted not to join the hoards of Patrols (I believe there were between 30 and 40 vehicles on their river trip) and instead led a much smaller group down the Letaba River from Giyani to Kruger fence. After following the Kruger fence road back to the tar, we checked in at Kruger and had a leisurely three days camping at Letaba, Satara and Skukuza respectively. After Skukuza, the group split up, with two of the vehicles heading back home via Nelspruit. Liana and I split off from the group and headed home via Hazyview and Dullstroom.

Anyways, we camped at Kiaat Caravan Park just outside Hazyview. Cannot remember what we paid, but it was something like ZAR270 for the two of us.

They've got several small grassed, shaded stands with power. The ablutions are spotless and they even a "free" washing machine / tumble dryer - something I needed seriously after several days of camping... There is also a swimming pool and, as one can infer by the name, they do have the chalet option too but I cannot speak about them - we camped.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anybody is ever looking for spots up that side. I highly recommend the spot.
kiaat.jpg
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 »

Thanks for the recommendation. It's always better to rely on a personal account rather than some websites review. I'll file it away for future use.
The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
2004 Disco 2 Td5

Woolf

Post by Woolf »

Off topic what tilting fridge slide do you have?

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

"they do have the chalet option"

Awesome news.

iandvl

Post by iandvl »

Woolf wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:51 pm
Off topic what tilting fridge slide do you have?
That is an alucab fridge slide. There were not many options for me in terms of fridge slides as the Snomaster 90L I have is a little wider than most other 90L fridges. Ie: it does not fit into most other slides.
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80