Mikem Supsension

Suzuki Jimny bull bar

Offroad Vehicle Specific Discussions
Wave

Suzuki Jimny bull bar

Post by Wave »

I like the look of how the ARB bull bar looks and fits on the new Jimny Jb74.

I'd hate to ask for the priceImageImageImage

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Tappetalk

Geoff Craig
'24 Mitsu Triton
'08 Toyota Blade Master G
'10 Conqueror Comfort

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Normally I don't like the bar over the headlights.
But on the Jimny it looks nice...
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

4x4 Megaworld in PE quoted me R31k for an ARB for my Pajero, 2 years ago.

They can go and fornicate themselves
Flex is overrated

rudi.hinze

Post by rudi.hinze »

The bar, excluding the fog lights, goes for R26/7k odd if I correctly recall. Sure, you can grab your grinder and welder and whack something together for much less.

It won't be good looking, functional or safe though. You likely won't have a warranty left either and insurance providers are, as I understand it, getting harder on homemade jobs slapped on the front of an insured's vehicle.

I may be biased but I will not compromise my new vehicle's warranty/safety systems with homemade items. On my toys that either do not go fast or rarely travel on open roads, no problem.

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

I’m sorry Rudi, that was not a dig at 4x4 Megaworld but at the price of the ARB. There are many other options on the market for much less.
Flex is overrated

rudi.hinze

Post by rudi.hinze »

KurtG wrote:I’m sorry Rudi, that was not a dig at 4x4 Megaworld but at the price of the ARB. There are many other options on the market for much less.
Not a problem Kurt. Also not seen as a dig. Yes, the bars are expensive but so is the R&D, testing and arse kissing of OEMs. Between the cost of raw materials, Aussie labour, the aforementioned testing, international shipping, import tax, VAT and a markup far too low compared to something like car spares, the price gets to where it is.

Sent from my BV6800Pro using Tapatalk

Mike-PS

Post by Mike-PS »

You never know these days what the truth is - I remember when I was looking for a front bumper and eventually went for iron man - nearly 40% less than ARB at that stage but had the same marketing blur about Aus made, testing, accepted by all major manufacturers, airbag compatible, etc. BUT also speaking to some people most AUs equipment is actually made in the likes of Maylasia and so forth but have carefully marketing behind them. I agree they are good products but if you compare the likes or iron mans to ARB why is there such a difference in price if their “manufacturing” process and research and development are virtually identical ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk