Maxxis Tyres

Insurance: What constitutes an accident?

Offroad Vehicle Specific Discussions
XJ Junkie

Insurance: What constitutes an accident?

Post by XJ Junkie »

A lady from Outsurance approached me in a car park today asking me if I’d ever gotten a quote from them. I told her that they didn’t want to quote me previously. She seemed surprised so I told her the story.

I’m with TuffStuff & will never ever change because they are brilliant, but a while back Outsurance had an offer whereby they would give you 4 or 5 Boxoffice movies if you you allowed them to quote, even if you didn’t change over to them.

So I called them. But one of the questions they ask is how many accidents you’ve had in the last 3 years. My response was that I have a couple of accidents every Friday. They seemed perturbed by my answer. But it’s true. A dent or scratch here & there is pretty normal when off-roading. It’s inevitable. If you don’t pick up regular dings then you’re doing it all wrong.

So we couldn’t agree on what constitutes an accident, but technically, any dent or scratch is an accident right?

So they elected not to give me a quote so I didn’t get the Boxoffice movies .

Disclaimer: Uninformed, no research, just very strong opinions

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

XJ Junkie wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:31 pm
A lady from Outsurance approached me in a car park today asking me if I’d ever gotten a quote from them. I told her that they didn’t want to quote me previously. She seemed surprised so I told her the story.

I’m with TuffStuff & will never ever change because they are brilliant, but a while back Outsurance had an offer whereby they would give you 4 or 5 Boxoffice movies if you you allowed them to quote, even if you didn’t change over to them.

So I called them. But one of the questions they ask is how many accidents you’ve had in the last 3 years. My response was that I have a couple of accidents every Friday. They seemed perturbed by my answer. But it’s true. A dent or scratch here & there is pretty normal when off-roading. It’s inevitable. If you don’t pick up regular dings then you’re doing it all wrong.

So we couldn’t agree on what constitutes an accident, but technically, any dent or scratch is an accident right?

So they elected not to give me a quote so I didn’t get the Boxoffice movies Image.
That's the mistake you have made. If I were in your shoes, I would have sold one of my vehicle's side as retail space.

Basically, you would tell Outsurance to cover you free of charge and in turn you will use the whole left side of your 4x4 to advertise them. Then make sure that with every obstacle, as far as you can, drive with the left side facing the area that may ding and dent your 4x4. Outsurance will be obliged to repair the dents as their advert cannot be seen with unfixed dents :lol:

If it works, sell the right side to Tuff stuff :lol:
Last edited by Ricof4e on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser
A tos-lookin', lunchbox, lipstick and powder puff carryin' home-built trailer