Healthy Sleep

Projekt Grenadier

Offroad Vehicle Specific Discussions
Redman

Post by Redman »

Ineos had 2 Grenadier's on display at the recent National 4x4 Outdoor Show in Brisbane...

They also had staff from the UK on the stand (instead of just hiring local representative's). One of them is one of the engineers that was part of the testing program... Currently 25 on their way to Australia for the first deliveries, with another 180 on the second shipment (all sold out)...

Now I've been watching the development of the Grenadier right from the beginning. So this was a great moment to finally see it for myself. And it did not disappoint. Just to put things into perspective the pricing for the Australian market is as follow (for the station wagon);
Grenadier (Base model): $98,000
Grenadier Trailmaster Edition: $109,525
Grenadier Fieldmaster Edition: $109,525

Compared to other vehicles in the market;
LC76 GXL: $73,100
LC300 GXL: $112,444
LC300 VX: $125,482
Patrol Ti: $82,160
Patrol Ti-L: $95,115
IMG_9337.JPEG
IMG_9338.JPEG

Redman

Post by Redman »

I like the look of the steel rims on the Grenadier... These were the 18 inch wheels on display
IMG_9340.JPEG
There's already a few companies down here in Australia working on accessories for these "exterior utility belt". I saw one company that made a camera bracket that fits onto the door, for those guys with the 210L sized lenses. No doubt that some South Efrican will be using this to shoot from the drivers seat. Nonetheless, I think there will be some interesting gear coming
IMG_9339.JPEG
Number plate bracket that covers the winch
IMG_9356.JPEG
Roof rack mounting bracket
IMG_9341.JPEG
More utility brackets...
IMG_9354.JPEG
I found the back seats to be quite comfortable, and quite a lot of room. I'm 6ft2 and had a decent amount of legroom as well as room above my head. The seats are quite high, so you don't sit in the squatted position like in most other vehicles' rear seats. I was pleasantly surprised by the space in the back. Interestingly the fuses as well as the second battery charger are located under the rear seats.
IMG_9351.JPEG
IMG_9347.JPEG
Last edited by Redman on Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Redman

Post by Redman »

Lastly...

The interior had no surprises, as Ineos had a lot of media over the last few years about the layout. Generally a nice place to be, with more shoulder space then the previous Defender (that being said, I've seen Matchbox cars with more shoulder space then the Defender).
IMG_9342.JPEG
IMG_9344.JPEG
The display in front of the driver is quite small, but should have all the info that is required. All other info available from the display on the center console.
IMG_9343.JPEG
There is one thing that I really feel like they have missed the mark with and that is the layout of the drivers footwell. There is no space next to the brake pedal. My left leg sits at around 90 degree when my foot is resting on this area. Not sure if this room is required to fit the BMW powertrains or what the reason might be. But this will definitely cause some discomfort on longer trips. Even just sitting there in the display I found myself wanting to stretch out me leg a bit more.
IMG_9345.JPEG
But my verdict.... I like it, will definitely not mind owning one. I did a quick spec up on the Ineos site recently and selected my ideal Ineos Build. Came out to $128,525. Although not the cheapest out there, I do like the fact that you then have a vehicle you can drive of the showroom directly into the bush

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Thanks Gingerman. Nice review...
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'