Healthy Sleep

An all New Bakkie-Based SUV has arrived!!!

Offroad Vehicle Specific Discussions
jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

Nissan marketing is so useless they'd struggle to give away water in the desert............

That is apart from the blatant dealership uselessness.

Generally excellently engineered products, let down by pathetic marketing, sales, and after-sales. So sad.

Redman

Post by Redman »

Yeah had the displeasure of walking into a Nissan dealership a few times....

Such a pity cause they don't have bad products. Quote a lot of Patrol's running here in Kangarooville (a lot more than in SA). Seen some marketing on the new Pathfinder being launched in August this year. Looks really good. SA should see it in 4-6 years when they have redundant stock to dump

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

I needed a new bakkie years back, the Hardbody had been replaced by the Navara, but they re-launched the Hardbody as the NP300 (another City Golf / Tazz exercise). There were to be base, S and SE bakkies, but only the base had, at that stage, been launched.

I went in to a dealership to ask about the S. I needed to know what the height of the top of the bak would be (this would influence the height of the canopy and carrier I'd have to fit).

The salesman opened the website, I told him I had read the Website the answer isnt there. He then just sat there and said I must come back when they get one in stock.
I then asked to test drive a base model, we wasn't keen but eventually, after a lot of hassel, including taking a copy of my driver's license and trying to find a test bakkie to drive, he and I took a drive, the tank was nearly empty and he said there is no low fuel warning light, so we drove 2km and went back.

I went to another dealership, lady salesman, I asked her the same question, she asked me to go home and e-mail her the question.
She said if it comes from a customer she can send it to Head Office, but if she asks Head Office they won't answer her.

I sent the mail. She replied saying that if I want to buy an NP300 I should come see her, but if I want technical questions answered I can contact Nissan's technical department.

I went to Isuzu, salesman was awesome, I got coffee. I asked for a test drive and he handed me the keys, he didnt even come with.
He said the max discount was 4%.
I told him the Nissan story above and he asked the DP if he could give a 9% discount.

I eventually bought an Isuzu (& another two since).

I will NEVER buy a Nissan.
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Redman

Post by Redman »

I think the Nissan salesman are trained to operate like that...

We went to a Nissan dealer in the East Rand, looking at X-Trail/Qashqai at that stage... Swambo arrived before me and was sitting with the salesman going through specs. Another salesman approached her and told her that she cannot leave without giving her number to him...

She got up and left (what a blessing as I did not have to set foot in that place). Decided to stop at the Mazda dealership not far from there, and we had a new CX-5 in our garage 3 days later.

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

Redman wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 6:12 am
Yeah had the displeasure of walking into a Nissan dealership a few times....

Such a pity cause they don't have bad products. Quote a lot of Patrol's running here in Kangarooville (a lot more than in SA). Seen some marketing on the new Pathfinder being launched in August this year. Looks really good. SA should see it in 4-6 years when they have redundant stock to dump
Patrols are for bogans apparently - if you worship ASPW. :D
Last edited by Ricof4e on Tue May 17, 2022 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser
A tos-lookin', lunchbox, lipstick and powder puff carryin' home-built trailer

Redman

Post by Redman »

I never mentioned that they are "sout van die aarde mense" the Patrol owners her in AUS :mrgreen:

Shane

Post by Shane »

20 years ago my work vehicle was a Nissan.

Quite a good vehicle.

It picked up an issue and with the next service I added this to the work sheet at the dealers.

Three services later it still hadn't been attended to.....

Easily the crappiest service I have ever had from an agent. This was the reason we went over to Mazda/Ford for company vehicles.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

I have a few Nissan Horror stories, the worst of which was when I bought a new NP300 DC in 2014.

Went to take delivery the afternoon and while inspecting that vehicle, I found rust on the chassis, the badge was flaking, there were coke (coca-cola) spills on the carpet and after pushing the DP, he admitted the new vehicles are not delivered to the dealership by truck, but driven from the coast - they simply unplug the instrument cluster (or deactivate it?).

I refused to take delivery and I was livid. I kid you not, at some stage it became so heated I chased after the DP when he told me I was being fickle and pedantic. I wanted to moer him. Badly.

Anyway, a few calls later, I was asked to take delivery of a new vehicle which which would arrive by truck three days later. That Saturday when I went to inspect it before delivery, there was a nail in the front left tyre. I refused to take delivery again and demanded that they replace the tyre - lucky there was a tyre shop around the corner. The DP took the car to have a new tyre fitted and I took delivery a few hours later.

Fast forward two years, I got a puncture on a gravel road (on my way to the coast). This would be the first time I would use the spare. I noticed a snot plug in the spare. The bastard never bought a new tyre and simply replaced it with the spare.

I did get justice a few years later. The DP was divorcing his wife. I represented his wife. Can anyone say "forfeiture of benefits"... :twisted:
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser

iandvl

Post by iandvl »

I am a Patrol nut, as all know. There is not another vehicle I want to drive, despite the truck's love for fuel - which is only slightly less than my love for beer.

That said, I have not dealt with Nissan SA for years. My truck is serviced elsewhere and on the occasions I have needed parts (starters and alternators and things) I have normally shipped the stuff in myself from the UAE or ordered from the friendly Terrain Tamer folk - of which I am good friends with one or two of the local agents.

There are dealerships which are good, but they are few and far between. Brits Nissan, a dealership I once vowed to never frequent again under the old management, is actually very good these days. It possibly helps that the nowadays owner is a bit of a Patrol nut. Similarly, Mark White and Atlantis Nissan also have good reputations amongst us Bogans. But those are the only ones I can think of right now.

Nissan SA's marketing and dealer support (and their service) is generally abysmal.

I find it very sad.
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

That and the fact that they moved away from the recipe that made the Patrol what it was. The moment they introduced the 3lt diesel motor, the Patrol was for all intent and purposes dead. The new Patrol are predominantly driven by pinky ring wearing manscaping skinny jean men.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

iandvl wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:45 am
There are dealerships which are good, but they are few and far between..........................
I find it very sad.
Nissan Gezina was so useless they couldn't sort out the central locking on a 1995 Nissan Sani VG30 that they had on their floor. After 2 weeks I told them to cancel the sale.
As you say, very sad.

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

Ricoffy wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 7:57 am
That and the fact that they moved away from the recipe that made the Patrol what it was. The moment they introduced the 3lt diesel motor, the Patrol was for all intent and purposes dead. The new Patrol are predominantly driven by pinky ring wearing manscaping skinny jean men.
And then the ZD30 was so fraught with issues it destroyed the Patrol reputation permanently. The V9X would have been a better option, even though it also had issues like most other TDV6 engines of that era.

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

The problem with Patrol owners is that 99% of them give the rest a bad name.
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

Mad Manny wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:15 pm
The problem with Patrol owners is that 99% of them give the rest a bad name.
So much like lawyers and porras?
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser

iandvl

Post by iandvl »

Mad Manny wrote:The problem with Patrol owners is that 99% of them give the rest a bad name.
You mean all 4 of us ? :)
Ian de Villiers

Patrol 4.5 GRX
Jurgens XT65 2x0 with Super Select Zero
ORRA: H80