4x4 Action Group

Only five 4x4’s left

General / Off Topic chat
XJ Junkie

Post by XJ Junkie »

Apocalypse wrote:

Obviously, all these tests have been conducted on a closed roads under heavy safety conditions!
Pussy ImageImageImage
Disclaimer: Uninformed, no research, just very strong opinions

Reenen

Post by Reenen »

ThysleRoux wrote:
Hedgehog wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:03 pm
I did 205km/h GPS with my Patrol... Un modded bar freeflow.

It was very stable

I don't have evidence though, just my son following me in his hot hatch as a witness

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk
Was that a Live Front Axle 'Trol? Just asking to keep the apple/apple comparison going. RooiTjiep is supposedly limited to 190 km/h, but I have managed to wring 198 out of it according to my GPS - scary shit with the disconnected front anti-roll bar, I tell you !!!
My 4.8 doen redelik stabiel 160-200.

My safarie met 14” lift druk ek net op my privaat grond paaie bo 200. Maar hy begin wobbly raak bo 200.

Het Safari al die pad van Lesotho na baboons terug kaap toe omtrent heelpad bo 140 gehou sonder enige handling issues.

4.8 het 33” muds
Safari het enige iets tussen 33 en 37” muds op, hang maar van dag en mood af.
Last edited by Reenen on Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reenen

Post by Reenen »

grips wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:31 pm
grips wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:04 pm

The one`s I drove some time back could not get past 110. Maybe the newer models can go faster
lets be fair here.

the defender wasn't good for anything over 140, when I was at BMW motorsport we got the first of the 2.8i models and shoved in an M3 motor. it COULD have gone faster than 200km/h but the windscreen wasn't up to anything faster and ironbound underwear wasn't available to the general public. anything over 160 is suicidal and even 140 is gives ye olde schpincter some serious exercise.

Apparently a Nissan Patrol and a 76/799 Land Cruiser can exceed 140 but the petrol stations are too widely spaced - once they have one every 50km/h or so, perhaps we can see their true potential. the first issue I see though is that it will take 40km or so to get over 160km/h and once it does the remaining 10km will probably not be enough for it to slow down and turn in. on top of that, I'm not putting much money on the cruiser being any less terrifying than a defender as it approaches 200km/h

A jimny, look, great vehicles, wonderful, charismatic, capable, cute, about a million positive adjectives, but lets face it - world beating supercar isn;'t one of them. nor is 'comfortable cruising at 140km/h with reserve performance for overtaking' . more of a 'will almost do the imperial ton but you had better be prepared to work that gearbox like a teenager who has just worked out what his penis is for to keep it there'

If the live axle G wagon has indeed met it's demise, then the only double live on the market with any kind of genuine high speed ability is the almighty Wrangler.... and trust me the Short Wheel base might kill you over 180km/h. even the Unlimited is a bit of a handful at 200....

Obviously, all these tests have been conducted on a closed roads under heavy safety conditions!
Cruiser hater :lol: :D

Must say one thing the V6 79 and V8 76 can do a very relaxed 140km/h. The v6 with 170kw is not that much of a snail. With 180l on-board you only need to stop every 100km. But filling up does hurt :D
Oom christo, Ek sou darem gedink het hy sou 150km gehaal het met 180 liter...

Johannes

Post by Johannes »

You guys scare me !!

Bazza

Post by Bazza »

I don’t understand why you want to go so fast in an off road vehicle. I learnt as slow as possible as fast as necessary. If you want to race use a race car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

david bfreesani

Post by david bfreesani »

Bazza wrote:I don’t understand why you want to go so farts in an off road vehicle. I learnt as slow as possible as fast as necessary. If you want to race use a race car

I must agree. Even when standard, I seldom pushed more than 140 on long flat stretches. I had my fast cars, and the 4x4 is just a different lifestyle. Learned to go slower and enjoy the drive, and appreciate the scenery. Now with a 200mm higher COG and 33s that eat up my little power, I have learned to go even slower. Its just so much more a relaxed way. Maybe its old age catching up to me, but I prefer the less stress approach. Size does matter, and even my wife likes driving the Sani because it gives her confidences. It definitely has a presence on the road, and a fair measure of intimidation with the taxis.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

David vd Merwe
1997 2.7TD Nissan Sani SFA
150mm Lift, 33" rubber, dual transfer cases

grips

Post by grips »

Bazza wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:11 pm
I don’t understand why you want to go so fast in an off road vehicle. I learnt as slow as possible as fast as necessary. If you want to race use a race car

Doing a 1000km trip at 100km/h becomes boring. I seldom do travel faster than 120km/h with a 4x4. You sometimes enjoy being able to travel faster. When we were on the River Trip returning home that Sunday with a little more than 1000km away from home, it was nice to be able to move a bit on the wrong side of 120 :lol: :lol:
You will never find me without Stroh or a 4x4 :D

Johannes

Post by Johannes »

:lol: :lol: Moving a little bit over 120 is fine by me !! Its the 160 to 190 that scares me :lol: But I do understand , you had to kill a 1000km :o
That is a long trip . i try and split it in 2 , by sleeping over ;)

grips

Post by grips »

I once did a 1600km run from Namibia after a Namib dune trip. Overstayed and needed to do the border crossing before that evening. Once through the border at Ariamsvlei I pushed for home 765km away. Noordkapenaars are not afraid of distance. :lol:

Reenen

Post by Reenen »

En ons kan weer nog n voertuig bysit op die lys.

Reenen

Post by Reenen »

Is nie gestop nie. Gaan nie binnekort gestop word nie. As jy een wil hê, kan jy hom nog bestel.

XJ Junkie

Post by XJ Junkie »

Reneen I thought they’d stopped. It’s good to hear that they haven’t. It’s just a pity that they never went with a higher power diesel version like Toyota did with the Cruiser.
Disclaimer: Uninformed, no research, just very strong opinions

grips

Post by grips »

Y61 or GU Patrol is in run out phase. They will be available till current stock runs out. Nissan recons that will be end of 2019.
In Australia Patrols other than the Y62 are not available anymore.

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Reenen wrote:Is nie gestop nie. Gaan nie binnekort gestop word nie. As jy een wil hê, kan jy hom nog bestel.
Then why did Nissan remove it from their website?

The only Patrol SUV they list is that ferociously ugly Infinity rip off monstrosity...
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Reenen

Post by Reenen »

Want nissan is nie regtig lus om dit te verkoop nie. Jy kan dit ook nie by jou handelaar bestel nie, maar moet direk by Nissan bestel. Dan bring hulle hom in, met vol waarborg, en enige nissan handelaar sal hom diens.

Baie simpel van hulle, maar dit is wat dit is..