The House Doctor

Tappit behaviour & how it affects you...

General / Off Topic chat
Mad Manny

Tappit behaviour & how it affects you...

Post by Mad Manny »

We, the trained, respectful, considerate, organised Off Road Users are being negatively affected by the behaviour of Tappits.
Those Off Road Abusers that 'Suip en Dryf', love their mom's more than is acceptable & are just fookin' idiots.

We all decry their behavior on 4x4 Trails, on Off Road routes & in camp sites.

But what we, perhaps don't realise is how many venues have had enough & closed to 4x4'ers.

So, in this post I'll list the venues we lost. Then in further posts we can discuss this poor behaviour...

Closed due to poor behaviour:

1. Barnardsvlei
2. TransBoegoe 4x4
3. Booyzynkraal Bush Camp.

4. Paleisheuwel
5. Skerpioenpark
6. Witsand 4x4
7. Freilingspan
8. Pearsons Hunt
9. Kopfontein.
10. Port Nolloth white dunes
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Waterford 4x4 (near Groblershoop) is getting gatvol...

Chrisna FourieWaterford 4x4
Chrisna Fourie ·
Goeiedag vriende.Ons het opgemerk dat daar mense 4x4 ry op ons grond sonder toestemming of bespreking.
Ek is opsoek na 'n persoon met die nommerplaat FRED NC, as iemand ons asb kan help met inligting rondom dit.
Anders gaan ons geen keuse he as om die roete permanent te sluit nie.
Dankie

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Matroosberg Reserve is also getting Gatvol:

This is why I will close down Matroosberg to all off road vehicles.

Buggerall respect for the amount of money and the time to prepare fields for the next season.

No respect for the fact that we are 100% depended on nature, we don’t have a monthly salary, we don’t get 13th cheques, nor bonuses, but somehow, you just don’t care.

Dammit, are you really this stupid?? You really think this is ok??
Were you really brought up to destruct and abuse.
You are disgusting and are spoiling the fun for every other person and you are costing me a small toilet full of money.

That’s so not on and NOT COOL. Sies-ga man. Flippet. See less
Attachments
Matroosberg Reserve.jpg

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

Toyotaholics I reckon.

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

In that regard you can designate the whole Namibian coast line from Walvisbay up to the Ugab River Mouth as prime tappit area.

I have been vocal about this on many a forum but it seems over December the whole of South Africa is constipated because all the assholes are in Namibia.

Pretty soon these lesser breeds are going to get beach driving banned in Nam.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser
A tos-lookin', lunchbox, lipstick and powder puff carryin' home-built trailer

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

jakeslouw wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:28 pm
Toyotaholics I reckon.
Jakes, it may be 'Holic' behaviour, but I don't think they were involved in many of the closures...

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

The question now: can such a Tappit litigate if somebody publishes photos of them transgressing?

AndreasR

Post by AndreasR »

The behaviour of the off road fraternity is getting worse by the day. Whether it be in SA or our neighbouring countries. Whether it be in “wilderness” areas or National Parks the behaviour of some lets down the whole overlanding 4x4 traveller. Rules mean nothing. Littering is rife. Care of the environment is nonexistent and consideration for fellow travellers is lacking.

Unless these people realise the harm they are doing we will be more and more restricted as to where we can travel. It will also become more unpleasant to travel to these areas. This will happen by increasing fees as in Botswana or by outright bans.

My feeling is that this behaviour is not going to stop. It is just going to get worse and worse so get your overlanding trips in now before they become too expensive or we get banned from vast areas.

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 »

We are heading to the situation as it is in the UK.
You can drive "green lane's" or go to organized days at places like military training and testing grounds. Those days cost a small fortune and are extremely strictly controlled. It's discouraged to use your off road vehicle for anything other than driving in the snow on public roads.
How about we have stickers made to go on the back of our vehicle with the club logo prominently displayed with the wording "I am a responsible off road user, are you?" in letters that can be read from a distance.
There is not much more we can do other than build a relationship with 4x4 route and facility owners. Club members can then pay the normal price where non members pay a premium price.
The humble person makes room for progress; the arrogant person believes they’re already there.
2004 Disco 2 Td5

Hedgehog

Post by Hedgehog »

The August weekend rivertrip last year, had a massive amount of suip en dryf manne
SSII enabled tool
Sempiternis et fortes

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

River Trip is HUGE fun, but it is a prime candidate for 'ending in tears', the Holic-type behaviour & the things Andreas listed are seen in extreme there.
We came to the Kruger Net, whoever camped there the night before us had thrown all their empty bottle & rubbish in the fire.
It was disgusting.

On another Forum a member was bemoaning how his group had very poor 'toilet' etiquette - not digging a hole - not covering up etc.

I saw a group, clearly hammered, sitting on the tailgate drinking as the driver drove over the uneven terrain.

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Paul, if I owned a decent venue with a few nice trails & camping, along the lines of 3 Provinces, Booyzenskraal, Uithoek, Ribbokkloof etc, I would:
1. Encourage only guys from formal 4x4 Clubs.
2. If not Club members - charge more & either guide them or present a 'Code of Conduct' & ask them to agree or no trail driving.
3. Get a deposit - refundable a week later to cover breakages, litter, bad behaviour etc.

I stongly believe that venues should insist that one in the group belongs to a 4x4 group & takes responsibly.

When Booyzenskraal (a stunning venue) closed I wrote to the owner asking him to accept a booking from our club and explaining why clubs are better.
He was still too p!ssed off to reconsider.
I should have tried again, a few months later, but didn't...

Shane

Post by Shane »

@Paul - unfortunately the scum that are guilty of this are not the type to be influenced by a sticker.

I see a time where trails might only be open to members of a club - with a good "name".

The problem is we wheel too seldom for a trail to keep their doors open for the once/twice a year that we might go there.

Either way - the more that close their doors to 4x4ers, the less there will be - which will lead to a higher concentration of tappits at any given day.

This of course, will put the responsible guys off from going there in the first place.

We are our own worst enemies.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

AndreasR

Post by AndreasR »

As Shane says. We are our own worst enemies.

And as for putting a sticker on your car, go for it. It will not make any difference to theses people. Even approaching people directly who are misbehaving ends up in you looking like the bad guy spoiling everyone’s”fun”.

Whistle blowers or complainers on social media or on forums are too often shot down or ignored.

We are our own worst enemies.

Leon

Post by Leon »

Ja manne dit is nou maar so daar sal altyd Tappit mense daar buite wees wat nie weet hoe om hulle te gedra nie.
Is mos nie hulle plekke nie so gee niks om nie
En ek het al n paar manne baie mooi kak vertel as ek hulle gesien het wat hulle nie kan gedra nie en ook self mooi weer op die regte pad gewys op my manier.