Maxxis Tyres

Oh the irony!

General / Off Topic chat
Shane

Oh the irony!

Post by Shane »

So I'm a firm believer of supporting smaller businesses. I mean, if I start my own thing tomorrow I would hope that others would support me or else I wouldn't survive....

Anyhow, so it's common knowledge that I drive an old SFA ( with godlights!). Sourcing affordable parts can be challenging at times.

I recently, on 3 seperate occasions - needing different parts - contacted different "suppliers" in an attempt to support them. One of them having quite a name in the industry...

Still ended up going to the stealers .

Guys just don't seem to want business.

From - "Yes I have in stock - here are the prices" my reply being "Ok thanks, I'll take them pls send me an invoice with banking details so that I can EFT" (and then nothing.....)

To : "I should have stock - I'll let you know" - then nothing....

I don't understand it. Has the new SA become so slapgat that they no longer need the business?

I know - this is a wild generalisation!

But my wife has been breaking her back for the past 10 years with her humble business trying to keep clients satisfied ( and no - she's not in the Escourt business ).

Doesn't seem as if others have the same need/urgency to keep their businessses succesful.

The sad reality is a 10min call to my local stealer and the parts are here 2 days later - albeit at a cost!

Anyhow, rant over.

I feel better now.

Could have been worse (like a Ford for instance...)

Hope you guys have a good one!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Johannes

Post by Johannes »

Hey , Ford has good service !!!
Plus you get good discounts ! Maybe they are desperate.

jakeslouw

Post by jakeslouw »

And yet at any GTG or braai or pub, you'll always have a few small business owners whining that they don't have enough business.........and yet these are the okes that will take weekly golf days and 2 week trips to the bushveld and 4 weeks in Moz at their beach house...........while driving the latest pimped mall crawler.

Most small business owners blow their revenue on shyte and then wonder where the money went. They also ride the wave when business is good, but have no contingency plans for when things go bad.

Maybe Business Accounting 101 should be mandatory before the CIPC issues a company registration?

Granted, I only have a 1 year diploma in business management, but it taught me a crapload. Prof De Witt from Tuks was an amazing teacher.

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

I'm afraid that, in tough times, service levels drop and prices rise - yet we expect the opposite to happen.

I don't have any formal business training & my company is not with the CIPC.

But I do three things that I believe has kept The House Doctor's doors open:
1. My best possible service.
2. Very good workmanship.
3. We are masters of Under Promise and Over Deliver.

But I am experiencing what Dhane is.
Asked 5 companies for quotes.
Only one has sent a quote R69000 rest haven't bothered.

On the motor Spares front I have recieved great service from CMH Mitsubishi, Halfway Toyota Honeydew and Mintams Spares Eagle Crossing.
I always get great service from Eagle Canyon Isuzu.

Moulding Mill on Ontdekkers gave me pricing and turn around times that I found impressive....

"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

Shane should try the legal industry. We hastily take your money and do nothing thereafter.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser
A tos-lookin', lunchbox, lipstick and powder puff carryin' home-built trailer

Shane

Post by Shane »

Funny you should say that....

I had a tennant in my deceased dad's house. He abruptly left december 2020 without saying a word - and left me with an 18k electricity bill...

So I get the lawyers onto his case (march 2021) in an attempt to recover SOME of what was due...

Anyhow, they deliver the summons to the house ( after he had already moved ) twice. Then inform me that the delivering of the summons was unsuccessful and send me a bill for R600.

WTF?????

I mean I INFORMED them he had moved out without notice and then they proceeded to deliver the documentation to the adress where he no longer lives

Go figure!

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

:D

So van die os op die jas, there is a good explanation for that. In all probability the lessee elected the leased premised as his domicilium citandi et executandi i.e. the place where he will accept service of all court processes. If he left without amending that portion of the lease agreement, you can still serve summons on the leased premises while the scumbag is unaware of the court process. 5 Days later you can take judgment by default against him and once you have judgment, you can then start to trace his new whereabouts and surprise him with a warrant of execution (a document authorising the messenger of court to take his assets and sell it on auction).

But I digress.

Go farm your pigs :D
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Ricof4e wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:35 pm
...you can still serve summons on the leased premises while the scumbag is unaware of the court process...
I thought a Summons has to be signed for?

But I digress.

Go sit on your Gavel...

Shane

Post by Shane »

Ricof4e wrote::D

So van die os op die jas, there is a good explanation for that. In all probability the lessee elected the leased premised as his domicilium citandi et executandi i.e. the place where he will accept service of all court processes. If he left without amending that portion of the lease agreement, you can still serve summons on the leased premises while the scumbag is unaware of the court process. 5 Days later you can take judgment by default against him and once you have judgment, you can then start to trace his new whereabouts and surprise him with a warrant of execution (a document authorising the messenger of court to take his assets and sell it on auction).

But I digress.

Go farm your pigs :D
Well now I know too!

So technically I was wrong when I called them (the lawyers) imbeciles ImageImageImage

Either way, it all led to nothing. Fortunately the R600 bucks won't break the bank. Heck, you can hardly buy fuel with that!

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

Why did you pay the R600 if they did fokkol? That’s like paying a two dollar hooker for a happy ending and not getting the happy ending

Flex is overrated

Shane

Post by Shane »

Kurt because they are lawyers - and I'm not going to fight a battle over R600 bucks that I'll probably lose anyway....

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

Mad Manny wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:21 pm
Ricof4e wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:35 pm
...you can still serve summons on the leased premises while the scumbag is unaware of the court process...
I thought a Summons has to be signed for?

But I digress.

Go sit on your Gavel...
Paragraph 13 & 14.

I can't sit on my gavel, I already have a judge's boot up my arse.
Attachments
44.pdf
(52.88 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

KurtG wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:26 pm

Either way, it all led to nothing. Fortunately the R600 bucks won't break the bank. Heck, you can hardly buy fuel[/quote]

Why did you pay the R600 if they did fokkol? That’s like paying a two dollar hooker for a happy ending and not getting the happy ending Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

At least lawyers sometimes apply vaseline. Bankers go in raw.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

The problem with Lawyers is that 99% of them give the rest a bad name...

Shane

Post by Shane »

So where does that leave the coffee man from Nam?