Healthy Sleep

Uniglide

Ginger

Post by Ginger »

Uniglide, leak stop, any of the other snake oils...
Attachments
FB_IMG_1619966318268.jpg
The woman in my life knows what I spent on my JKU.
So because of that, I know exactly how much I spent on it.

LesseW

Post by LesseW »

I am a Toyota man, 3x Toyotas all serviced at toyota because I want to shout at someone when something goes wrong.

The anti-snakeoil people, what do you use in your rust buckets and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Land Cruiser 200VX
FJ Cruiser
Bushlapa Baobab 4

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

I use the manufacturer recommended oils in my engine, gearbox and diffs. Serviced at the recommended intervals and never ever had an engine or gearbox issue in my life.

Moet nie krap waar dit nie juk nie
Flex is overrated

Chris Stoffel

Post by Chris Stoffel »

I use Shall Helix, on the rocks, nothing added. I also used it in my motorbike because it is suitable for a wet clutch. Why? Oil have all the additives needed, no reason to add more.
Suzuki Jimny - Hobbit Car :cry:

henris

Post by henris »

Chris Stoffel wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 pm
[quote=Apocalypse post_id=28071 time=161994495withw
Any sign of the MSDS yet?
There won’t be one . There never is for snake oil.
[/quote]

There are many short tests, lasting an hour or so. But never any long term tests. All done on lawnmower engines. Demonstrating the lubricating capacity of the lubricant with the 'Timken' test say or prove nothing regarding the friction in an engine over it's lifespan. What happens at the big end and small end bearings on the conrod?
[/quote]

I have been running it in my Troopie for about 150kkm. Is that long enough?
LC Troopie 1HDFTE
SADC Assist
08two49five9252

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

LesseW wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:51 pm
I am a Toyota man, 3x Toyotas all serviced at toyota because I want to shout at someone when something goes wrong.

The anti-snakeoil people, what do you use in your rust buckets and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... whats ' Rust ' ? ...
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

Are some lubricants better & or more expensive
than others and why ?
Does money buy you better lubricants with better
capabilities or is it just about synthetic vs 'mineral' ?
... is my LiquiMoly ... better than other lubricants,
... even helix ... and why ... ?

Careful , impulsive ones ...

" ... für Benzin- und Disal fahrzeutfur ... "
Attachments
91D542BD-CA28-424B-8C3A-3872CD9A6811.jpeg
Last edited by BushWacker on Mon May 03, 2021 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

KurtG

Post by KurtG »

henris wrote: I have been running it in my Troopie for about 150kkm. Is that long enough?
I take it you also had engine oil in your Troopy for those 150,000km?
Flex is overrated

henris

Post by henris »

KurtG wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:16 am
henris wrote: I have been running it in my Troopie for about 150kkm. Is that long enough?
I take it you also had engine oil in your Troopy for those 150,000km?
Probably.
LC Troopie 1HDFTE
SADC Assist
08two49five9252

Chris Stoffel

Post by Chris Stoffel »

henris wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 6:11 am
Chris Stoffel wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 pm
[quote=Apocalypse post_id=28071 time=161994495withw
Any sign of the MSDS yet?
There won’t be one . There never is for snake oil.
There are many short tests, lasting an hour or so. But never any long term tests. All done on lawnmower engines. Demonstrating the lubricating capacity of the lubricant with the 'Timken' test say or prove nothing regarding the friction in an engine over it's lifespan. What happens at the big end and small end bearings on the conrod?
[/quote]

I have been running it in my Troopie for about 150kkm. Is that long enough?
[/quote]

There are thousands of Troopies that have done high mileage with no additives in the oil. My Opel Corsa Diesel did 220000Km without additives.

You now need to take your Troopie engine apart and compare it to other Troopie engines. One Troopie with Uniglide is not an experiment. It is just a Troopie with Uniglide.
Suzuki Jimny - Hobbit Car :cry:

Hyades

Post by Hyades »

My Corolla did 478000km with nothing but normal oil. It was still going strong when I sold it last year. So no additives used, ever.

My BMW 120d I use Royal Purple full synthetic oil. Bought the car on 100k-km now on 230k-km. Not one issue. I will say that the Royal Purple oil is very expensive. But in my mind, so far very happy. No additives used so far.

My BMW 1200GS Adventure now on 98k-km. Just the normal oil. Still going strong. No additives

My old Isuzu Frontier, I bought at 150k-km, sold at 310k-km. Back in 2009/2010, I used 2So, because on the other forum people were punting it. I tried it for about 40k-km. It made ZERO, NOTHING, NADDA, Fok0LL difference in that 40k-km. No improvement in fuel economy, no improvement in smoke, no improvement in noise, none at all. I did report my findings on the other forum, but I was shot down by the family, and told that my 2.8 Isuzu is too old tech, and it would not make a difference on my old engine. So back to just normal diesel for the remainder of 120k-km I did with the vehicle. I still have the book I wrote all the fuel ups into.

My Triton I'm just putting Delo 400-MXG in. Have only done 20k-km in it, but I would not put anything in it, other than normal oil.

I'm currently working in West Africa, the cars here are pretty much all from Europe, when the Europeans don't want them anymore. Most cars, here have over 250k-km on the clock. These guys put only oil in, and they put the cheapest oil they can find in. This is in Renaults, Peugeots, Nissans, Toyotas (loads of RAV4s), old Merc's from the 90's. They all run hundreds of thousands of kilometers, in VERY harsh conditions, extreme heat! Like over 50 degrees C ambient, horrible, horrible roads. These sedans drive where I'd think twice taking my Triton 4x4. I speak to our drivers daily. These okes have never heard of additives.

Just my 2c on the whole additive thing. From where I'm standing with my limited experience, it's not necessary. If however it makes you sleep better at night to add things to your fuel/oil. Well, don't let me stop you.

Hyades

Post by Hyades »

deleted...

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

Hyades wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:16 pm
deleted...
Aw. It was the perfect post!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

Hyades

Post by Hyades »

Apocalypse wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:29 pm
Hyades wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:16 pm
deleted...
Aw. It was the perfect post!
Sorry. Haha, Someone saw it then. I'll put the attachment back.

And I'll say that in my industry (aviation) I will not ever put anything into the fuel/oil system of an aircraft I'm working on that has not been approved by the manufacturer. Not recommended. Recommendations mean nothing. It needs to be approved in black and white.

Think this reply is more PC? Alex?
Attachments
IMG_2936.jpeg

Apocalypse

Post by Apocalypse »

The problem really is that none of them will put up any research - or any kind of guarantee. Indemnities yes.... plenty of those. Bullshit... loads... research and cock on block? not a sausage. not even a chipolata.

So, they say it will make your engine last longer because of it's magical additive.

If your motor packs up next week, they will explain how it's because the motor sucked and had nothing to do with the magical ingredient.

If it's under the motor manufacturer warranty and they find some trace of some snake oil in your oil, the engine manufacturer won't pay up for the motor . Not because they are dicks, as the magical snake oil sellers will tell you, but because it's not been maintained the way they expect it to be maintained to carry the warranty.

they are like the superchip guys who blow the motor up and then hastily remove the " this will unlock the potential of super power and low fuel consumption that the guys that designed this engine are hiding from you without harming your engine" magic device and then fraudulently claim off warranty.

The one bottle does all - manual transmission, auto transmission, diff, engine etc bottles must be very very magical.

Luckily I guess, when you break down next to the road, you can get out and walk and these clowns just shrug their shoulders and carry on

Break down in a plane and your arms get very very tired before the sudden stop.

Hyades wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:11 pm
My Corolla did 478000km with nothing but normal oil. It was still going strong when I sold it last year. So no additives used, ever.

My BMW 120d I use Royal Purple full synthetic oil. Bought the car on 100k-km now on 230k-km. Not one issue. I will say that the Royal Purple oil is very expensive. But in my mind, so far very happy. No additives used so far.

My BMW 1200GS Adventure now on 98k-km. Just the normal oil. Still going strong. No additives

My old Isuzu Frontier, I bought at 150k-km, sold at 310k-km. Back in 2009/2010, I used 2So, because on the other forum people were punting it. I tried it for about 40k-km. It made ZERO, NOTHING, NADDA, Fok0LL difference in that 40k-km. No improvement in fuel economy, no improvement in smoke, no improvement in noise, none at all. I did report my findings on the other forum, but I was shot down by the family, and told that my 2.8 Isuzu is too old tech, and it would not make a difference on my old engine. So back to just normal diesel for the remainder of 120k-km I did with the vehicle. I still have the book I wrote all the fuel ups into.

My Triton I'm just putting Delo 400-MXG in. Have only done 20k-km in it, but I would not put anything in it, other than normal oil.

I'm currently working in West Africa, the cars here are pretty much all from Europe, when the Europeans don't want them anymore. Most cars, here have over 250k-km on the clock. These guys put only oil in, and they put the cheapest oil they can find in. This is in Renaults, Peugeots, Nissans, Toyotas (loads of RAV4s), old Merc's from the 90's. They all run hundreds of thousands of kilometers, in VERY harsh conditions, extreme heat! Like over 50 degrees C ambient, horrible, horrible roads. These sedans drive where I'd think twice taking my Triton 4x4. I speak to our drivers daily. These okes have never heard of additives.

Just my 2c on the whole additive thing. From where I'm standing with my limited experience, it's not necessary. If however it makes you sleep better at night to add things to your fuel/oil. Well, don't let me stop you.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes