Maxxis Tyres

Is your Bullbar crash tested?

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

BushWacker wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:56 pm
A Defender bullbar is heavy and looks impressive
but, I must admit, its not a strong structure...
Ive often wanted to cut the top trellising etc off
(to be simpler, more like a a Series )
but Ive been told if you hit a cow, kudu etc
it does help a bit ...
... but as us Welding Men would say
it needs gussets down in the wings of the
structure to give it more strength and rigidity.
You use "us Welding Men" very loosely :lol:
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser
A tos-lookin', lunchbox, lipstick and powder puff carryin' home-built trailer

grips

Post by grips »

I fit stuff like rock sliders and 4x4 bumpers myself. Currently ARB and Onca on the Cruisers. My second Onca bullbar. Both Onca and ARB have crumple zones. What I like about Onca is the precision fit of their products. You do not need shims like on the ARB.

Think the chances are very slim that you will not have chassis damage after an impact that deformed the crumble zones on a bullbar. They bolt onto an area where manufacturers made provision to absorb impact. That is the front part of the chassis with its crumple zones.

It is amazing how much damage a small animal can cause if you hit it at speed. I once bent a bullbar when I hit a Steenbok at speed. With a caravan in tow I could not swerve or take any evasive action.
You will never find me without Stroh or a 4x4 :D

henris

Post by henris »

Nobody has tested mine yet. The recipient won't enjoy it.
LC Troopie 1HDFTE
SADC Assist
08two49five9252

Ricof4e

Post by Ricof4e »

grips wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:01 am
I do all fit stuff like rock sliders and 4x4 bumpers myself. Currently ARB and Onca on the Cruisers. My second Onca bullbar. Both Onca and ARB have crumble zones. What I like about Onca is the precision fit of their products. You do not need shims like on the ARB.

Think the chances are very slim that you will not have chassis damage after an impact that deformed the crumble zones on a bullbar. They bolt onto an area where manufacturers made provision to absorb impact. That is the front part of the chassis with its crumble zones.

It is amazing how much damage a small animal can cause if you hit it at speed. I once bend a bullbar when I hit a Steenbok at speed. With a caravan in tow I could not swerve or take any evasive action.
Soos my skoonpa seg: Hy sal vir enige dier uitswaai, behalwe 'n f.kken jakkals.
Ranger Mildtrak
Scorpio Curry Cruiser
A tos-lookin', lunchbox, lipstick and powder puff carryin' home-built trailer

johnoosthuizen

Post by johnoosthuizen »

Ek vir een love ñ goeie bull bar...vir 2 redes...
No.1: Die verdomde Taxis en Fleet Service bakkies in my area waar ek bly ry soos Palukas...
No.2: het jy al gesien hoe ñ soogdier met 2 bene ñ front bumper in 2 kan split...?...praat uit ondervinding....

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

johnoosthuizen

Post by johnoosthuizen »

Ricoffy wrote:
grips wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:01 am
I do all fit stuff like rock sliders and 4x4 bumpers myself. Currently ARB and Onca on the Cruisers. My second Onca bullbar. Both Onca and ARB have crumble zones. What I like about Onca is the precision fit of their products. You do not need shims like on the ARB.

Think the chances are very slim that you will not have chassis damage after an impact that deformed the crumble zones on a bullbar. They bolt onto an area where manufacturers made provision to absorb impact. That is the front part of the chassis with its crumble zones.

It is amazing how much damage a small animal can cause if you hit it at speed. I once bend a bullbar when I hit a Steenbok at speed. With a caravan in tow I could not swerve or take any evasive action.
Soos my skoonpa seg: Hy sal vir enige dier uitswaai, behalwe 'n f.kken jakkals.
Try bietjie uitswaai vir ñTierboskat wat vol spoed(teen so 60kmph) dwars oor die pad hardloop uit die bosse uit terwyl jy kom teen so 100 tot 120kmph....dis net nie moontlik nie...jy sal hom tref...so off road bumper bull bar is ñ wen...

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Leon

Post by Leon »

Ek so paar jaar trug n koedoe raak gery tussen Marydale en Prieska as dit nie vir my aftermarket bull bar was nie het ek baie skade op my 4x4 gehad.
Ek nog op al my 4x4 aftermarket bull bars op gehad en weet nie of dit crash tested was of nie solank hy vir my werk.