Healthy Sleep

Toyota Hilux GD-6 Injector Problems

grips

Post by grips »

Mad Manny wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:31 am
As Bertie Riechert, who does tuning, once said "On a turbo diesel all a chip can do is add fuel & increase boost"...
In person I am not a re-map or chip fan. We have compared data using the Techstream Diagnostics on V8 Cruisers. Standard vs chip vs map.

Seems that the only parameters that differ from stock is rail pressure and boost. Also looks like the vehicles ECU will adjust parameters like boost if rail pressure is increased. With the aid of Oxygen sensors the ECU will always try to set parameters to keep Air Fuel Ratios in stock.

B
You will never find me without Stroh or a 4x4 :D

Martin de Jager

Post by Martin de Jager »

Guys,
I have been keeping quiet in all of this.
As a Fleet Manager of more than 155 bakkies, 99.5% Toyota, from D4D, 3.0, 2.5 SRX , to the latest 2.4 and 2.8 .
Every month I sign off every expense.
My fleet has as high as 400000 plus km's on the clock, our bakkies carry in excess of 1 Ton every day, they work in some of the harshest conditions.
Henris I can assure they are serviced local in Springs and Brakpan ,
None have special filtration, they fill up where you and i fill up. They are not modified, some like mine have been slightly manipulated, mine stands on (285000km's), mapping upped by 17%, driven by youngsters, yet when I sell them out of hand people pay premium price and stand queue.

What is our regular failure rate, none, tyres, windscreens and services.
We pride ourselves in Toyota, and have tried many other makes. Toyota have been tested, is and remains the most economical fleet runner you can buy.
2011 Toyota Prado 3.0 VX,
2013 Suzuki Jimny, Brutus, (larger than life),
2023 Toyota Starlet xr auto,
2019 Invader Duo.

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

Only good thing about off-road petrol is V8 ... but that is quite good.
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...