Erin Bosch, Insurance

PowerPlus Throttle Controller

CornellMans

PowerPlus Throttle Controller

Post by CornellMans »

So I saw on FB that the PowerPlus Throttle Controller is on special for R1599 (incl shipping). So I ordered one. Have been following a thread about the throttle controllers on a different forum and everybody seems to be impressed about the control it provides.
So after I also watched YouTube Channel 'Just Jimny's testing and the effect it can have on city driving consumption (obviously when you keep the settings on economy mode) I thought I would give it a go.
2018 Ford Everest 3.2 4x4 XLT AT
Wilderness 310

AndreasR

Post by AndreasR »

We await your feedback. They seem to have received good reviews.

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

I also watched that episode of Raymond Martin's Just Jimny Youtube channel.
Seems it is a worthwhile purchase at the price. He didn't really cover it's on road improvements much.
Pity Raymond isn't attending the YEF - you could chat to him there about it.
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

CornellMans

Post by CornellMans »

Hopefully it will arrive before Friday, so I can fit it for the trip to the YEF.
Wilderness 310

CornellMans

Post by CornellMans »

Ok, so I ordered the controller on Tuesday late afternoon, and received it yesterday.

Was quick to install. Didn't need a manual as I have seen a Youtube video on the installation previously.

As stated is has the following modes:
* Normal : Which basically means it does not change the voltage from your paddle, thus stock standard voltages apply
* Eco : which dampens down the responsiveness of the loud pedal immensely. You can choose between 9 levels, when 1 is "Driving Miss Daisy" and 9 "Miss Daisy was a bit younger then.
* Comfort mode : That also smoothes things out a little, but is a little more nippy. Also 9 different levels. Some okes also refer to this as towing mode. I'll test it this weekend on my way to the YEF.
* Sport mode : It really makes the pedal sensitive, but I must say i don't feel any lag with this setting. Also 9 different levels.
*Race mode : Your pedal is reduced to an on/off switch. The moment you touch the pedal, the Force is with you. Can't imagine tyres lasting long in this mode.
*Auto mode : Supposed to adapt to your driving style. Have not really played with this.

I can so far confirm that it does a great job with manipulating your throttle sensitivity. I filled up this morning, and will continue to use eco mode for town driving, and comfort while towing to the YEF. Will see what the fuel economy looks like when I get there.
Wilderness 310