Mikem Supsension

Puma security code

wolley

Puma security code

Post by wolley »

I came out of spur, unlocked the vehicle and somehow got the immobilizer into a jam. Issue is that I cannot find the security override code where I thought I saved it

Any advise the to re-enable the immobilizer?

wolley

Post by wolley »

Maybe flat battery of the immobilizer button?

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

Is immobilizer like the older TD5 ones ?
When they cause problems you split them open
then there are two spring steel flaps above the battery
... need to bend the one or both so the button presses
them down properly again etc ... akin to Morse code circuit closer!
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

Mad Manny

Post by Mad Manny »

Can you unlock it with the key?
"No one ever got stuck - in mid air!"

2010 Fortuner D-4D 4x4 'Fearless'
2006 Conqueror Conquest 'Gearless'

BushWacker

Post by BushWacker »

TD5 also has a procedure:

opening, closing doors,
turning key to first stop x times ,
etc
etc !

Need to check Puma Manual !
... Famous Fiver VoorLoper ...
... Veni Vidi Vici ...

wolley

Post by wolley »

Update.

Part 1
The puma manual does talk about the sequence. Issue is that I loat the key. Have done it before. But turned out to be not the cause. Also battery replaced and lock/unlock buttons remained dead. Founf though that the fuse on the immobeliser was blown. Replaced and blew again. Replaced with a 25A fuse and blew again. Short circuited the fuse and Bob's yoh Uncle... all worked and the car started. Pulled out the shorted fuse and the engine remain running. Drove home 300km and stopped. Turend iff the engine, and could start if again. Decided to not lock with the immobeliser until I understand the cause. A friend of mine washed his engine a day before leaving for a camping trip. He drove about 90 kms and then the cpu packed up. I wash my engine yesterday and also drove some distance, just to find and issue later. I am wondering about the facts and coincidences, and a possible root cause

Part 2
After having resolved all my own plans and failed to get it going, i decided to call LR (potch), expecting limited results. I was really inpressed with the persons who picked up the phones on a a Sunday after lunch. Friendly and totally helpful, going the extra mile, not accepting payment, even stopping at a local shop to buy batteries for my key (and multiple types as the person was not sure which I might be needing). It was his idea to sort the fuse problem and eventually getting me home. So super rare to still meet angel-persons. Thank you guys. I dont want to post your names here. When my student returns to Potch for Semester² I will send some Biltong as a token of our appreciation

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk